Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Will Trent series.
- #2: Fractured: A Novel (Will Trent #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: La Mujer Oculta (the Kept Woman): Una Novela (a Novel) (Will Trent #3) (Compact Disc): $49.99
- #5: Fallen: A Novel (Will Trent #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Criminal: A Novel (Will Trent #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Unseen: A Novel (Will Trent #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Kept Woman: A Novel (Will Trent #8) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #9: La Última Viuda (the Last Widow): Una Novela (a Novel) (Will Trent #9) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #10: The Silent Wife: A Novel (Will Trent #10) (Hardcover): $28.99
August 2010 Indie Next List
Karin Slaughter does flawed characters so well!! There are dirty cops with
histories, indigent students trying to make a buck, more dirty cops who are
trying to leave the past behind, the widowed medical examiner turned ER doc,
and to top it all off there is Detective Will Trent, dyslexic, orphaned and
passed around from foster home to foster home, whose challenges allow him to
see things more clearly. In Broken, Trent, in his methodical, quiet,
brilliant manner manages to break a criminal investigation of two murdered
students in Grant County wide open;one that is being covered up from the top
down. Once you start this, you will not want to stop reading!”
— Karen Ford, McLean & Eakin Booksellers, Petoskey, MI
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
When Special Agent Will Trent arrives in Grant County, he finds a police department determined to protect its own and far too many unanswered questions about a prisoner's death. He doesn't understand why Officer Lena Adams is hiding secrets from him. He doesn't understand her role in the death of Grant County's popular police chief. He doesn't understand why that man's widow, Dr. Sara Linton, needs him now more than ever to help her crack this case.
While the police force investigates the murder of a young woman pulled from a frigid lake, Trent investigates the police force, putting pressure on Adams just when she's already about to crack. Caught between two complicated and determined women, trying to understand Linton's passionate distrust of Adams, the facts surrounding Chief Tolliver's death, and the complexities of this insular town, Trent will unleash a case filled with explosive secrets--and encounter a thin blue line that could be murderous if crossed.
Spellbinding and keenly paced, Broken is Karin Slaughter at her best. Here is an unforgettable story of raw emotions, dangerous assumptions, the deadly and layered game of betrayal, and a man's determination to expose the most painful of human truths--no matter how deeply they're hidden . . . or how devastating.