Email firstname.lastname@example.org price
Out of Print
Other Books in Series
- #1: Outlander: A Novel (Mass Market): $9.99
- #2: Dragonfly in Amber: A Novel (Outlander #2) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #3: Voyager (Starz Tie-in Edition): A Novel (Outlander #3) (Paperback): $18.00
- #4: Drums of Autumn (Outlander #4) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #5: The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #6: A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander #6) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #7: An Echo in the Bone: A Novel (Outlander #7) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #8: Written in My Own Heart's Blood: A Novel (Outlander #8) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #9: Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone: A Novel (Outlander #9) (Hardcover): $36.00
Claire Randall is leading a double life. She has a husband in one century, anda lover in another...In 1945, Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is back from the war andreunited with her husband on a second honeymoon--when she innocently touches aboulder in one of the ancient stone circles that dot the British Isles.Suddenly she is a Sassenach--an outlander--in a Scotland torn by war andraiding border clans in the year of our Lord...1743.Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire's destiny in sooninextricably intertwined with Clan MacKenzie and the forbidden Castle Leoch.She is catapulted without warning into the intrigues of lairds and spies thatmay threaten her life ...and shatter her heart. For here, James Fraser, agallant young Scots warrior, shows her a passion so fierce and a love soabsolute that Claire becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire...andbetween two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.Absorbing and heartwarming...lavishly evokes the land and lore ofScotland.
--Publishers Weekly Stunning
--Los Angeles Daily News It is a large canvas that Gabaldon paints, filled with strong passions andderring-do. Strong willed and sensual, Claire is an engaging modern heroineplopped down in a simpler, more primitive time.... Great fun ...marvelous andfantastic adventures, romance, sex ...perfect escape reading
--San Francisco Chronicle.